As a parent, what if I disagree with the district’s 504 decision about my child?

Posted by:
Contact the Assistant Superintendent overseeing Pupil Services to review the situation. Under Section 504, parents of students with disabilities are entitled to notice regarding actions affecting the identification, evaluation of educational placement of their children, and may request an impartial hearing if they disagree with the determination regarding a free appropriate public education (FAPE). Unlike special education, 504 does not entitle the student to receive an independent evaluation at district expense.