- Scotland Elementary
If you need to pick your child up before the end of the day, please park in the parking lot in front of the building. Then proceed into the building to pick up your child. Please do not park in the driveway in front of the school as we have buses that pick children up at the end of the day at this entrance. This message does not pertain to parents who pick up their child at the side entrance of the building every day after school. That procedure will remain the same.
We have been working hard to smooth out and speed up car dismissal this year while keeping the students safe. So far, with your help, we have managed to cut our dismissal time down from over twenty minutes to an average of six to eight minutes! Thank you so much for your help and patience as we work through this.
Just a few reminders and requests to keep things moving:
- Do NOT park and walk over to get your child. This is unsafe and not allowed. Staying in your car helps everyone stay safe and keeps the line moving. (We do have some families who live right next to the school that walk to pick up their children. If you see people standing to pick up, that is why.)
- If you have an appointment and are in a hurry, please plan to pick your child up early in the office and not in the car rider line. Send a note in with your child to make this happen.
- Please post the number we gave you, or one that is equally as bold and large, so it is easily read from the doors. If we can't see the by number, we can't have your child ready.
- Please post your number as soon as you get in line and keep your number visible until your child is IN your car. We are trying to "stage" the kids and sometimes we lose sight of numbers.
- Please remind your child to wait until the car has STOPPED before trying to get into the car.
Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. We are excited about how well dismissal is going this year and hope that you are too. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school at 261-3460.