- New Franklin Elementary
- Submit your child's absence using this online NF Absence Form
- Send email to the Secretary at email@example.com
Attendance Expectations for Elementary Students/Parents While in Fully Virtual Mode:
Students are expected to attend virtual sessions presented by teachers (four content and one special)
- If a student cannot attend a session, a note is still required from a parent indicating the reason for the absence. Notes should be sent to the teacher and the school secretary.
- ½ day absences include missing three of the five expected sessions
- Full day absences include missing four or more of the expected sessions
Excused absences include:
Dental/medical appointment for the student
Approved educational trips
ATTENDANCE MATTERS: When School is in session with students present:
CASD Elementary Times
9:00 am - 3:30pm
Any absence/tardy/leave early requires a valid excuse note
Morning: Until 11:00am the student is considered late. 11:01am and after is half day morning absence. *Tardiness: Student must have a valid excuse note to arrive 9:00 - 11:00am.
Afternoon: Student must remain until 2:30pm. If student leaves prior to 2:30pm this is half day afternoon absence. *LEAVE EARLY: Student must have a valid excuse note to leave 2:31-3:30pm.
CASD Truancy Elimination Plan *Tardiness/*Leave Early
*Four incidents of tardiness, regardless of number of minutes shall constitute one half day of illegal absence.
*Eight incidents of tardiness, regardless of number of minutes shall constitute one full day of illegal absence.