8:45 A.M. Doors Open
8:55 A.M. Warning Bell
9:00 A.M. Announcements/Classes Begin
11:30 A.M. First Lunch Period (grades K & 1)
12:10 P.M. Second Lunch Period (grades 2 & 3)
12:50 P.M. Third Lunch Period (grades 4 & 5)
3:30 P.M. - 3:45 P.M. - Dismissal Times.
Supervision of students begins at 8:45 A.M. Teachers have planning time before this; therefore no students will be permitted in the building before 8:45 A.M. Buses will not be unloaded prior to this time. Likewise, walkers and parents who transport their children should plan to arrive between 8:45 - 8:55 A.M. Students arriving in private vehicles should enter the main door by the playground. Compliance with these rules will provide a safer school environment and ensure that students are supervised properly.
SCHOOL VISITORS All visitors must enter the main entrance and report to the building office secretary. Any person visiting or assisting in a classroom must wear an ID badge labeled "VISITOR." You will receive the badge when signing in at the building office.
1. Walk in the halls.
2. Talk in conversational tone and volume.
3. Remain seated in the cafeteria and be respectful.
4. Take proper care of school property and equipment.
5. No animals are permitted without prior approval from the Head Teacher.
6. The CASD and Marion faculty are not responsible for personal property brought to school.
7. All walkers must use the new sidewalk. Do no take shortcuts across the front lawn.
8. All persons must enter at the main entrance. All other doors are secured.
9. Respect your neighbors (classmates, teachers and staff).
SCHOOL LUNCH AND MILK 1. School lunches are $ 2.70 for students.
2. School breakfasts are $1.90 for students.
3. Milk is $0.35 per carton.
4. Free and reduced lunch applications are available from the school office.
5. Payments may be made by check payable to: "Food Service"
DELAYED OPENINGS & EARLY DISMISSALS (EMERGENCY AND SCHEDULED) Emergency delayed openings and emergency or scheduled early dismissals are reported on the district's information hotline at 261-5680.
When the district has a delayed opening, the schedule is as follows:
One hour delay - starting time is 10:00 A.M.
Two hour delay - starting time is 11:00 A.M.
When the district has an early dismissal, the schedule is as follows:
One hour early - ending time for gr. K-5 is 2:30P.M.
Two hour early - ending time for gr. K-5 is 1:30P.M.
TRANSPORTATION Students must bring a note from their parents if they are not following their regular routine of the day (e.g. medical appointments, change in caregivers, etc.). Bus drivers are not permitted to let any student off the bus at a different stop. If a student is riding a bike, written permission must be presented to the teacher beforehand. If a student will be riding a bike frequently, please state this on the note so to eliminate duplicate notes.
"DAY SYSTEM" All CASD schools operate on a DAY 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 SYSTEM. These will not change for emergency closings (i.e. snow days). The following assignments pertain to Marion Elementary School only:
*DAY 1 - No Specials *DAY 2 - Library
*DAY 3 - Music *DAY 4 - Art *DAY 5 - PHYSICAL EDUCATION(GYM)