Welcome to Ancient History
Contact Mr .Cote
CAMS North Phone Number: 717-261-3366
To receive updates/info concerning assignments, quizzes, projects, and tests from your cell phone complete the following: text @3e44f to (484) 388-4835. Remind is a free program that allows teachers to communicate safely with parents.
To receive updates/info concerning assignments, quizzes, projects, and tests from your email complete the following: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, reply "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
The Following is a list of school supplies that will be needed for this school year:
1. Pencils-Regular or mechanical (One is needed for everyday of school)
2. 1.5 Inch Binder to 3 Inch Binder (Your Choice)
3. The most important piece of school supplies to bring is your BRAIN!
Over the course of this school year we will do many fun and exciting activities, but in order to participate in these we must first follow a set plan for room 229. Our classroom must be a safe, respectful, honest and sensitive learning environment. In order to establish such an environment you and I will share the following by completing a contract. Everyone will sign off on the bottom of this contract. By signing this contact you agree to the guidelines that are written above.
These are the time-periods and civilizations that students will be studying during this school year:
• Prehistory/Early Man
• Fertile Crescent
• Ancient Egypt
• Ancient China
• Ancient Greece
• Ancient Rome
• Middle Ages
Late Work Policy
- I expect you to submit all of your assignments on the assigned due date, unless you have an "excused absence."
- If there is an "excused absence" all missed work will be located in the absence bin in my classroom.
- Your work should be completed before you enter the classroom. If it is not completed then it will be marked late.
- Late Work Policy: Late work will be accepted untill the end of the parking period but 10% will be deducted from the earned grade.
- A late homework assignment should be placed in the correct core # late assignment bin located by the windows.
- If a zero appears on the Community Web Portal for an assignment that means it was not turned in on time and I still have not received it.
- Electonic copies of graded assignments can be found on the resources page of my school website. Also students can pick up a paper copy of any graded assignment from the "Extra Copies of Graded Assignments" bin in the back of my classroom.Click link to direct to resouces page: /Page/9943