***If you have a Class Dojo account, please check it to see if you have received a Dojo invite to my class! If not, please email me, so I can get you that information before the first day of school. Thank you!***
IMPORTANT BACK TO SCHOOL MESSAGE FROM MRS. SCHAEFFER
Welcome Back to School!!!
Just a few notes to start everyone off on the right foot for the 2020-21 school in 4th Grade at Hamilton Heights. I understand that this year is starting out much differently than we anticipated, but just like every other year I am dedicated to providing quality education in a fun learning experience to my students. In order for all of us to be successful with virtual instruction, parents, teachers and students must be on the same page and communication is key to that.
As a VIRTUAL parent, I am sure you want to know what you can do to start the school year and provide your child the best possible experience. Here are a few things you can do right now to get prepared.
- Provide a CURRENT Email Address: Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address that works best for communication throughout the school year. Please include your child's first and last name in the subject line. If you do not have an email, please log on to google and create a gmail account for you to receive communication, it is free. With the school year being virtual,communcation will be crucial a valid email address and using email will be important.
- CLASSROOM ANNOUNCEMENTS: Download the Class Dojo App on your phone or electronic device. We will be using this platform in the fourth grade to communicate all general classroom announcements. We will be sending an email during the first week of school to that email address for you to get connected to your child's classroom Dojo.
- Review My Webpage: Please take a few minutes to review my webpage and all of the links. I have updated it with many important points for virtual learning success.
- ACADEMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: In GOOGLE, download and/or locate the Google Classroom application on your phone or electronic device. If it is not there, you will need to go to the GOOGLE Play store and download it, it is free. All academic communication will be done through Google Classroom. You will also be able to link the email address you provide to Google Classroom to view your child's assignments and teacher feedback. You can set the preferences. We will be sending you an email the first week of school to the email you provided to connect to your child's Google classroom account.
- SCHOOLWIDE ANNOUNCEMENTS: Download if you have not already done so the REMIND App. This app will be used by the principal to send out important schoolwide announcements.
- Google Classroom and Odysseyware you and your child will be using regularly for academics. Please take a few minutes to get familiar with Google Classroom and Odysseyware once you receive your sign-ons.
As a CAVE parent, if you child has been assigned to me as their homeroom teacher, all communication will be done through the Odysseyware Learning Management System. The above information is not needed. I will communicate and respond to any message from you or your child during office hours that I will determine in the next few weeks and will communicate that to you once it has been decided. Your child should be working 100% in the learning management system independently, at their own pace, and during times that work for you and your family.
I am looking forward to another exciting school year with your child. See everyone on August 24th for the first day of school at 9AM, please check your email you provided to the district for the invite.
Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to myself.