Welcome to Mrs. Marker's ELA Class
I'm so excited to be working with your child this school year!
Please look around on my website to find helpful information for this school year.
Daily Routines for Virtual Learning
- Students should check Google Classroom each day to review daily assignments. Teachers will be communicating each day the assignments and any important information regarding all academic instruction via Google Classroom. Parents are also encouraged to review student assignments as well to ensure students are completing their work.
- Sign into Odysseyware each day to complete the required assignments.
- Plug in your Chromebook each evening into a SURGE PROTECTED outlet to ensure it is charged and ready for the school day.
- When Chromebooks are not in use, they should be closed to minimize the risk of being damaged and the camera is inactive.
Live Teacher-Led Meeting Expectations
- Students should be in an area free of distractions and background noise if possible.
- Students will be expected to be paying attention and actively engaged during teacher-led instruction.
- Student discussions and conversations should remain appropriate and on topic or task-related.
- Students should be wearing appropriate clothing with no inappropriate language or images.
Independent Student Work Expectations
- Use Google Classroom each day to see daily independent work assignments for each subject. Each subject will have its own Google classroom so students will need to check multiple classrooms.
- Read each assignment carefully and follow all directions. The assignment may have more than one step in order to complete it. Students should reread all directions or read the instructions to an adult for clarification or ask questions during the lesson for clarification.
- Work should be completed to the best of the student's ability and students should take their time to complete all work. Work completed in both the Learning Management System (LMS-Odysseyware) and Google classroom will be graded and used towards a final grade on their report cards.
- Make sure your child is reading everyday for at least 20 minutes. We will be recording our minutes virtually soon, so stayed tuned.