Welcome to Mrs. Pennington's Fourth Grade!
Morning: Handwriting, Guided Reading, English Language Arts, Writing
Afternoon: Math, Special, Content Reading including Science and Social Studies
Please have your child bring the following to school:
1 box crayons
2 spiral bound notebooks
- We provide basic school supplies needed for the start of the school year including scissors, glue, pencils, pencil sharpener, erasers, highlighter, whiteboard, whiteboard marker and eraser, and a pencil box. Your child will not need to bring any of these listed items to school.
- Items needed throughout the year: boxes of tissues, Clorox wipes, white copy paper, glue sticks, and Expo brand dry erase markers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Day 1 - Art
Day 2 - No Special
Day 3 - Library (Remember to bring back your library book!)
Day 4 - Phys. Ed. (Remember to wear sneakers!)
Day 5 - Music
On the first day of school, the students and I work together to discuss our first grade classroom rules. These rules are written to help the students feel safe in their learning environment so that they are always able to do their best.
- Listening Bodies - I will listen and follow directions.
- Raised Hands - I will raise my hand to share ideas.
- Quiet Mouths - I will use a six-inch voice.
- Walking Feet - I will walk in school to be safe.
- Helping Hands - I will use my hands for helping and not hurting.
- Caring Hearts - I will use kind words.
Follow the link on the left to learn more about the behavior management system we use in first grade.