Welcome to the Safety & Security Department
Meet our Staff
Mike Taylor - email@example.com
Interim Police Chief
Office (717) 261-3318
Cell (717) 377-4643
Gene Covington - firstname.lastname@example.org
CASD Police Officer
Office (717) 261-5629
Cell (717) 753-2080
Mark Grove - email@example.com
CASD Police Officer
Cell (717) 660-1512
Jeff Bopp - firstname.lastname@example.org
Office (717) 709-4090
Cell (717) 377-9430
The Chambersburg Area School District (CASD) recognizes that bullying creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation, detracts from the safe environment necessary for student learning, and may lead to more serious violence. Therefore, CASD prohibits bullying by District students.
CASD encourages students who have been bullied to promptly report such activity.
CASD directs that complaints of bullying shall be investigated promptly, and corrective action shall be taken when allegations are verified. Confidentiality of all parties shall be maintained, consistent with the District's legal and investigative obligations. No reprisals or retaliation shall occur as a result of good faith reports of bullying.
Bullying and Harrasment includes three important components:
1. Bullying is aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions.
2. Bullying involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time.
3. Bullying involves an imbalance of power or strength.
Bullying can take on many forms:
1. Verbal bullying, including derogatory comments and bad names
2. Bullying through social exclusion or isolation
3. Physical bullying such as hitting, kicking, shoving, and spitting
4. Bullying through lies and false rumors
5. Having money or other things taken or damaged by students who bully
6. Being threatened or being forced to do things by students who bully
7. Racial bullying
8. Sexual bullying
9. Cyber bullying, through the use of Social Media
The Chambersburg Area School District (CASD) is committed to providing a safe, positive learning environment for District students.
"The Chambersburg Area School District is committed to providing safe schools where students can learn and teachers can teach. The proactive and effective Security and School Resource Officer Program is one component of the partnership that commits public safety personnel to the safety and security of the school community. The central mission of the law enforcement-educator partnership is student success. When students succeed, the entire community succeeds. Student success contributes to community safety: students who experience success and make positive contributions within their schools become productive citizens in the larger community. Our goal is simply to maintain a program that is proactive in providing a safe environment for students, staff, and the community."
- Develop consistent safety and security plans for every CASD school.
- Implement safety education programs K-12.
- Collaborate with local, state and federal emergency responders.
- Work cooperatively with CASD teachers, staff and administrators to ensure safe learning environments for every child.