I am available to meet with students at 7:20AM on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings.
You may also make arrangements for extra help during 5th period daily.
3rd and 6th period Junior English
You must have your Junior Project novel in class with you everyday.
Section 1 of your reading log is due-
November 8th, 2013
English language did you knows
Did you know the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E?
· Did you know the least used letter in the alphabet is Q?
· Did you know dreamt is the only word that ends in mt?
· Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' ?
(they are:hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
· Did you know the oldest word in the English language is 'town'?
· Did you know 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters?
· Did you know the word 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel?
· Did you know the dot on top of the letter 'i' is called a tittle?
Think about this:
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically... Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education. - Martin Luther King Jr., American civil rights leader (1929-1968)