June 1, 2020
Message to the Class of 2022 for Summer Break:
A couple of reminders as we head into Summer:
*Starting Monday, June 1, 2020, Mrs. McMillen and Mrs. Snitzer will be available intermittently throughout the summer, so if you email us, we may be delayed in our responses. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions.
*We may be in contact with you regarding scheduling questions, so it is important that you remember to check your school email regularly (think once or twice a week). This is also where other school personnel will also communicate with you. If you need help with accessing your school email, we've provided a document with directions on how to access your email on the website and on the Class of 2022 Counseling Google Classroom.
*If you are not a member of the Class of 2022 Counseling Google Classroom, please check your school email, as each student was sent an invite when the Classroom was created in the Spring of 2020.
A couple of items to remember/consider for next school year:
1. If you participated in JROTC or a PIAA sport this school year, you can fill out the JROTC/PIAA waiver found under "Class Drive Folders" on the Counseling Google Classroom. Once you've filled out your part, please email to your School Counselor to continue the approval process. Once approved, you will see the waiver as a "class" on your schedule for next school year.
2. If you are interested in taking the PSAT in the Fall, please fill out the PSAT Interest Survey located on the Class Stream in Google Classroom. It would be important for you to take the PSAT if you are interested in Dual Enrollment classes and it prepares you for taking the SAT.
3. Your final report card for the school year will be available on Sapphire on June 4, 2020.
4. Mrs. Snitzer is anticipating going on maternity leave in mid-to-late July 2020. She will not be available to respond to emails until early-October 2020. Please keep this in mind if you are one of her students. It is important that if you do have questions/concerns about scheduling or other items, to reach out to your respective School Counselor sooner rather than later, to try and avoid a delay to your questions/concerns.
5. Your School Counselors will continue to provide updates on Google Classroom throughout the summer, as needed. Check back on the Counseling Class of 2022 Google Classroom regularly to check on updates.
We know that the end of this school year finished in a way that no one planned. We missed seeing our students every day and working with you in-person. We hope that each of you has an enjoyable and relaxing summer! We cannot wait to see you next school year. Take care, stay safe and healthy!
~Mrs. Snitzer and Mrs. McMillen
March 31, 2020
Message to the Class of 2022:
We know right now at this unprecedented time, a lot of us are experiencing a mix of emotions. We want to let you know that we are thinking of you, sending you positive vibes, and, above all else, WE MISS YOU!
The School Counselors are working remotely to continue to provide our students support through this time of distance learning. Mrs. McMillen and I are holding office hours daily (during school hours and the school day), where we are available to meet with you virtually or via email to discuss with you scheduling, academics, etc. Feel free to reach us via our email addresses to set-up an appointment.
We are also providing links that might be of interest to you regarding AP testing, self-care, mental health resources, etc. We will continue to update these links as we get more valuable information to share with you.
Please stay safe, stay healthy, and take care of yourselves!
Mrs. Snitzer and Mrs. McMillen
To contact Mrs. McMillen (Last names A-K): firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact Mrs. Snitzer (Last names L-Z): email@example.com