Chambersburg Area Senior High School (CASHS) is a public institution, situated in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, serving approximately 2,200 students in grades 9, 10, 11 and 12. Students attend from the Borough of Chambersburg and the surrounding townships of Hamilton, Greene, Lurgan, Letterkenny and Guilford. CASHS is fully accredited by the Middle States Association. CASHS is committed to student excellence through high educational standards and, in partnership with the community, assists the students in acquiring the skills and the knowledge to achieve their potential and develop the integrity to meet the demands of the future. CASHS offers an education that provides the necessary resources to enable students to exercise their rights and fulfill their responsibilities. The Chambersburg Area Senior High School strives to provide students with the ability to adapt themselves to the community in which they live or prepare them to explore post-secondary opportunities in other environmental and educational settings. The Chambersburg Area Senior High School operates within the following beliefs: MISSION STATEMENT The Chambersburg Area Senior High School is committed to student excellence through high educational standards. In partnership with the community, we will assist students in acquiring the skills and the knowledge to achieve their potential and the integrity to meet the demands of the future by creating a challenging educational environment.
1. We believe that learning is a lifelong process.
2. We believe that our students should have equal access to all educational opportunities.
3. We believe that education is essential for individual growth and self-worth.
4. We believe that education should provide an appreciation and understanding of diversity.
5. We believe that all adults should be positive role models for youth.
6. We believe that communication is essential for education and is a shared responsibility.
7. We believe that schools should increase expectations and challenge students.