Emerging STEM Careers:
- STEM Careers in Virginia Career VIEW
- STEM Occupations in O*NET
- Health Science Careers in Virginia Career VIEW
- STEM Occupations – Occupational Outlook Quarterly, Spring 2007
- Discover Engineering
- Careers in Genetics and the Biosciences
- Human Genome Project Information
- Engineer Girl
Part of the National Academy of Engineering’s Celebration of Women in Engineering project.
- Vocational Information Center
Includes links to information for careers in engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Engineer Your Life: A Guide to Engineering for High School Girls
- CompuCert (IT Career Exploration and Certification Options)
- We Use Math (Links to a wide variety of mathematics-related careers)
- Science Buddies
- Careers in the Biological Sciences (American Institute of Biological Sciences career site)
- Careers in Physics (American Physical Society)
- STEM: Good Jobs Now and for the Future
“Over the past 10 years, growth in STEM jobs was three times as fast as growth in non-STEM jobs. . . . STEM occupations are projected to grow by 17.0 percent from 2008 to 2018, compared to 9.8 percent growth for non-STEM occupations.”
- The Futures Channel
- The focus of this site is real-world movies, as well as lots of lessons and other teaching resources related to STEM and other fields. See left-hand menu for links to “Real World Movies” and “Teaching & Learning.”
Describing itself as “a virtual think tank tracking the technology revolution,” this site includes articles on topics such as biomass and other alternative energy sources, speech recognition, thought power, hologram and 3-D virtual reality technology, Web 2.0, nanotechnology, and the latest workplace trends.
- Second Life
This online 3-D virtual world created by Linden Labs allows “residents to build and create their own environments and interact with others from around the globe.”
- Scientific American: Extreme Tech
- Scientific American
Links on this Web site provide current postings for developments in areas such as health, space, technology, biology, mind and brain, environment, energy, and more.
- Nanotechnology: Frequently Asked Questions
This National Nanotechnology Initiative page leads visitors to an overview and a visual representation of nanotechnology, as well as links to its benefits and applications, the importance of microscopy in nanoscale science, and other basic facts.
- Nanotechnology Careers
This National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network page includes a forecast of the workforce need, sample occupational areas in a variety of career clusters, educational requirements, and salary expectations.
- Mayo Clinic: Discovery’s Edge
- 70 Jobs for 2030
The World Future Society predicts new and evolving careers based on the current changing nature of jobs and work environments.
- Renewable Energy Generates Sustainable Careers
Monster Career Advice