Welcome to Title I at Benjamin Chambers Elementary School
Mr. Shawn Kimple, Principal
Reading to your child is the single most important thing a parent can do to help ensure a child's reading success .
Mrs. Breslin, Mrs. Grant, Mrs. Washabaugh, and Mrs. Chlebowski
Title I Intervention Specialists
Title I is a federally funded program. Funding is based on the number of students in our school who qualify for free or reduced lunches. We are happy to announce all Benjamin Chambers students will receive free breakfast and lunch regardless of income at Benjamin Chambers during the 2015-16 school year due to "Community Eligibility."
Title I funds help to provide intervention specialists, an aide, and resource materials for our school. The Title I program at Benjamin Chambers is a school-wide program, meaning all students are eligible to receive extra educational services if needed. Title I also provides classroom resources and books for the benefit of all Benjamin Chambers students.
Please read, sign, and return to school any information sent home regarding Title I as soon as possible.
Upcoming Events for the 2014-15 school year:
- Open House for grades K - 2, Monday, August 17 at 6:00 p.m.
- Open House for grades 3 - 5, Tuesday, August 18 at 6:00 p.m.
- Fall Title I Parent Meeting - September 15, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. in the Parent Center at Benjamin Chambers
- Grades 3-5 Parent Math Activities
- Kindergarten Parent Classroom Visitation - Subject: Kidwriting. Note specific times for your visitation on the invitation sent home.
- First Grade Classroom Visitation - Subject: Intentional Read-Alouds