The Chambersburg Area School District covers 250 square miles in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, near the center of the Cumberland Valley. More than 61,000 people live in the district, which is composed of the Borough of Chambersburg, Greene, Hamilton, Letterkenny, and Lurgan townships, and most of Guilford Township.The Chambersburg Area School District has a rich and important history. We are fortunate to have almost 10,000 students of many different backgrounds and nations of origin. Just in the past several years, our English Language Learners have increased from approximately 500 to 1000 students, or 10% of our student population.Chambersburg Area School District is committed to ensuring that ALL children feel welcomed, that they belong and that their learning needs are addressed. We also believe that employees of every background need to feel welcomed and appreciated.We have a Learning and Belonging Advisory Team which includes individuals from the district and community who are heading up efforts in these regards. Click here to view the Learning and Belonging Advisory Team members.
Demographic information as of 02/18/21.
Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Safe, nurturing, and engaging environment where students will receive a rigorous and responsive education that will empower them to compete globally.
That every child achieves in school and attains the skills needed to achieve success in the future in a highly collaborative culture of honesty, trustworthiness and passion for our mission of bettering the lives of children.
- Student, family, school, and community share the responsibility and accountability for learning.
- Every student deserves a well-rounded education with high academic standards.
- Every student can be successful.
- Every student learns differently.
- Learning takes place best in a positive and safe environment.
- Meaningful instruction has a real-world application.
- Learning is lifelong.
- Promote equity in education
- Create global learners
- Accept our community's diversity
- Every student learns and values education
- Know the learner and guide
- Foster perseverance toward high standards
- A CASD mobile app that provides a feed of all district updates in one convenient location.
- Student grades are available to students and parents electronically.
- Information Hotline - Important announcements pertaining to district events are available by phone 24-hours a day.
- For English, dial (717)261-5680.
- Para Espanol, llame (717)261-5684.
- Global Calling is used to share relevant information.
- For quick happenings throughout the district follow us on our social media channels.
- CASD is the 22nd largest district (out of 553 including Charters) in Pennsylvania. CASD also ranks 37th out of 500 in geographic size.
- Our district comprises 384 acres of property and 1.5 million square feet of building space:
- 13 elementary schools
- 4 secondary schools
- 1 administration building
- 2 support service buildings
- 1 transportation building
- 1 alternative education building
School Enrollment Info
Andrew Buchanan Elementary School
Benjamin Chambers Elementary School
Falling Spring Elementary School
Fayetteville Elementary School
Grandview Elementary School
Guilford Hills Elementary School
Hamilton Heights Elementary School
Lurgan Elementary School
Marion Elementary School
New Franklin Elementary School
Scotland Elementary School
South Hamilton Elementary School
Thaddeus Stevens Elementary School
Chambersburg Area Middle School North
Chambersburg Area Middle School South
Chambersburg Area Career Magnet School
Chambersburg Area Senior High School