The Chambersburg Area School District covers 250 square miles in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, near the center of the Cumberland Valley. More than 61,000 people live in the district, which is composed of the Borough of Chambersburg, Greene, Hamilton, Letterkenny, and Lurgan townships, and most of Guilford Township.With more than 9,000 students, CASD is the 22nd largest district (out of 553 including Charters) in Pennsylvania. CASD also ranks 37th out of 500 in geographic size.Our district comprises 384 acres of property and 1.5 million square feet of building space:
- 13 elementary schools
- 4 secondary schools
- 1 administration building
- 2 support service buildings
- 1 transportation building
- 1 alternative education building
Safe, nurturing, and engaging environment where students will receive a rigorous and responsive education that will empower them to compete globally.
That every child achieves in school and attains the skills needed to achieve success in the future in a highly collaborative culture of honesty, trustworthiness and passion for our mission of bettering the lives of children.
- Student, family, school, and community share the responsibility and accountability for learning.
- Every student deserves a well-rounded education with high academic standards.
- Every student can be successful.
- Every student learns differently.
- Learning takes place best in a positive and safe environment.
- Meaningful instruction has a real-world application.
- Learning is lifelong.
- Promote equity in education
- Create global learners
- Accept our community's diversity
- Every student learns and values education
- Know the learner and guide
- Foster perseverance toward high standards
- An eNewsletter is issued to the community on a periodic basis. Click here to sign up.
- Student grades are available to students and parents electronically.
- Information Hotline - Important announcements pertaining to district events are available by phone 24-hours a day.
- For English, dial (717)261-5680.
- Para Espanol, llame (717)261-5684.
- Global Calling is used to share relevant information.
- For quick happenings throughout the district follow us on Twitter @CASDnews.