7th Grade Social Studies - Ancient History
All students will:
· Understand the development of prehistoric man.
· Know the chronological development of ancient Middle Eastern cultures.
· Understand the chronological development of ancient Eastern cultures and Classical Civilizations.
· Learn when the Middle Ages were and what they were like.
· Appreciate the scope of world cultures as the study of the Earth and its peoples.
· Use maps and other geographic tools and technology to obtain and analyze information.
Units of Study:
· Prehistory/Early Man
· Fertile Crescent
· Ancient Egypt
· Ancient China
· Ancient Greece
· Ancient Rome
· Middle Ages
Unit Areas of Focus: - Each area of focus is intertwined into every Unit of Study
o Physical Features
o Public Works
o Social Classes
o Job Specialization