Superintendent Search Updates
To the Chambersburg Area School District Community
SEARCH UPDATE | 5.1.23
Good Day! The process for identifying the next superintendent of the Chambersburg Area School District is off and running. We are partnering with Templeton Advantage, LLC in this endeavor. Tom Templeton, the Founder and Creative Director of Templeton Advantage, LLC, has been conducting administrator searches for over 20 years, and we are excited to undertake a robust and comprehensive search under his guidance and facilitation.
To begin the process, Mr. Templeton has reviewed the stakeholder comments that were collected when we initially launched the search, and has met with us to clarify the challenges, issues, and needs facing Chambersburg. From there, Mr. Templeton revised our job posting (see below), and is starting to distribute it throughout the education marketplace. From his experience, Mr. Templeton has identified a few ‘keys’ to successfully starting a superintendent search:
- Display a passion and drive to find the absolute best match for Chambersburg.
- Make sure all interactions with potential candidates and the school community reflect the mission, vision, values, culture, and the desire to design a compelling FUTURE for the Chambersburg Area School District.
- Stay focused on the stakeholder input so as to ‘customize’ the search to Chambersburg.
- Cast the net wide enough so candidates throughout the region, state, and nation know the position is open, and that Chambersburg presents an exceptional opportunity to lead and impact the education (and the lives) of over 9,000 students and families in Chambersburg and beyond.
- Prioritize the message that the role of the superintendent, among many others, is to lead a system that remains laser focused on helping children learn, adapt, embrace core values, be healthy individuals, and enter the next phases of their lives prepared to contribute, serve, and design lives of excellence!
We will be using this section of the website to keep the entire community thoroughly informed as we move through each phase of the process. Thank you for your interest in our efforts to find the next leader of Chambersburg, and rest assured we will be requiring a rigorous search.
The Chambersburg Area Board of School Directors