Trojan Logo Licensing
The Chambersburg Area School District allows for the for-profit sale of items to the community containing the trademarked Trojan branding provided:
- Businesses and entities enter into a licensing agreement found below (or click here to download)
- Items and branding adhere to the Trojan Logo Brand Guide found here: https://www.casdonline.org/Page/16524
Those wishing to use the Trojan branding must select one of the following options:
- No royalty will be charged if the Licensee is a student, student organization, parent organization and other District affiliated school-support or booster organization using the District and campus trademarks to promote a group of students, an activity or event, a campus, or the District, and the use is in furtherance of school-related business or activity. The District Communications & Marketing Director, Athletic Director, or designee shall determine, in its sole discretion what constitutes use in furtherance of school-related business or activity and is authorized to revoke permission if the use is improper or does not conform to administrative regulations.
- A fixed fee of $ 250.00 per school year payable on execution of this Agreement and on each annual renewal date of this Agreement of the Licensee that grants permission to use the District Marks and Logos on print and digital display items. These include, but are not limited to, items such as banners, online and print advertisements, flyers, postcards, letterheads, etc.
- A fixed fee of $ 500.00 per school year payable on execution of this Agreement and on each annual renewal date of this Agreement of the Licensee that grants permission to use the District Marks and Logos on merchandise items intended for sale to the public. These include, but are not limited to, items such as clothing apparel, mugs, water bottles, bags, accessories, etc.
Please note that Trojan Branding and Logos may not be used in connection with any of the following:
- Any product that competes with any exclusive licensee of CASD, either directly or indirectly;
- Any product that criticizes or disparages CASD, or otherwise has a tendency to injure the reputation of CASD;
- Any product or printed matter that promotes, describes or endorses activity or behavior that is unlawful or against District Policy, Regulations or Student Code of Conduct;
- Any product or printed matter that promotes, describes or endorses activity or behavior that, if performed, would constitute a safety hazard;
- Any product or printed matter that that promotes, describes or endorses activity, behavior, or beliefs that can reasonably be deemed offensive to any group of persons, including without limitation activity, behavior, or beliefs related to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or age; or
- Any product or printed matter that contains a statement, speech, graphic, or textual work that is obscene, defamatory, or slanderous, subject to First Amendment limits.
To enter into a licensing agreement with the Chambersburg Area School District or for any questions, please contact Brian Miller, Communications and Marketing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.