~ 2020-2021 ~
All families with a child who will be five years of age before September 1st, 2020 are invited to register their child for kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
Kindergarten registration will be held at the CASD District Administration Office, 435 Stanley Avenue,.
March 30 - April 2, 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Proof of Age: Birth certificate; notarized copy of birth certificate; baptismal certificate; copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth; notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of birth.
- Proof of Residency in the Chambersburg Area School District: May be any of the following: a deed, a lease, current credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license or DOT identification card indicating an address within the Chambersburg Area School District.
- Record of Immunizations: State law requires that a complete record of immunizations be provided. You can get a copy of your child’s health records from the school you are leaving. Shot records are also available from your doctor’s offi Please note that exceptions will be made for students displaced by natural disasters.
1) Please use the link below to complete online registration paperwork:
Please click on "Create a New Account"
All new kindergarten students must have a new account. This is not the same as the Community Web Portal.
2) Please use the link below to schedule an appointment once your paperwork is completed:
**please bring your child with you to your scheduled appointment time**
If you have any questions about Kindergarten Registration,
please contact Elementary Services at 717-261-3417.
We look forward to meeting you!
Kindergarten registration in Chambersburg is an exciting event for
new students and their families!
Our goal is to welcome each child as they enter our district, meet with parents and students together to review what everyone can expect on the first day of school, and share important information and resources to make coming to school a positive experience for our youngest students.
KINDERGARTEN READINESS RESOURCES
Information and activities for encouraging early literacy development.
Includes games and resources for children of all ages, including special activities designed for pre-kindergarten students.
Games that encourage early reading through interactive and stick-with-you games which include the fundamentals of reading.
A fun way for students to learn the alphabet before the first day of kindergarten!
Where children have fun learning to read!
The classic educational show includes online activities and games featuring everyone's favorite Sesame Street characters.
Reading is Fundamental. Includes a parents' link with tips and activities to motivate your kids to read, broken down by age. Includes online games and stories.
Features articles and activities for the whole family- sponsored by Disney.
Offers month-by-month information and ideas, to help prepare your child for kindergarten. Each month is broken down into four areas: Kindergarten Skills Development, Getting Ready to Read, Health and Wellness and Monthly Information Print-out. The site provides recommendations for books for children and adults as well as suggestions for useful websites.
This site is offered in both English and Spanish, devoted entirely to literacy. The site is geared to families whose first language is Spanish.
National Association for the Education of Young Children. Includes section especially for families highlighting resources available to them.
Penn State Cooperative Extension provides materials, videos, and educational activities for child care providers, parents and employers. The link specifically for parents includes ideas for activities, snacks and lots of articles about the care of kids!