Kindergarten Registration Virtual Event
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, the kindergarten registration event scheduled for May 4 through 7 has been cancelled. Information that would have been shared with parents & guardians can be found below. Please note that online registration of kindergarten students will continue online at https://www.casdonline.org/Page/1860 . No in-person appointments are being accepted, nor are they required at this time.
We are happy to have your child riding our buses and hope the school bus ride will be an enjoyable part of your child’s school day. Please review the rules of the bus safety contained in this booklet with your child prior to the start of school, and periodically throughout the year.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The Transportation Department
Food Service Information
Getting Ready for Kindergarten Checklist:
- July 6th– Fill out the application for meal benefits, even if other siblings are already approved. www.schoolcafe.com
- July/ August -Set up your student’s account to monitor purchases and add funds. www.schoolcafe.com **Student must be registered prior to setting up an account.
- July -Turn in medical care plan signed by your doctor, if dietary accommodations are needed.
Paper applications for meal benefits will be available after July 6th at the food service office. 721 South Sixth street, Chambersburg, PA 17201 Please call ahead for Summer hours.
Contact the Food Service office at 717-261-3391 with additional questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can view the CASD Food Services Department website at: https://www.casdonline.org/Domain/41
Health Services Information
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires the following immunizations for school age students. View the checklist here: Kindergarten Requirement Checklist
Please complete the following dental form and submit it to your school: CASD Dental Form
Please have a physical examination completed for your child and submit the following form to your school: Physical Examination Form
Questions? Go to the CASD Health Services page here.
Open House Dates, Community Web Portal, & School Calendar
- Open house dates for 2020-2021 can be found at the link below. Families with new students will have the opportunity to visit their assigned school before school begins on Thursday, August 20, 2020. Kindergarten information packets will be distributed at open house events. 2020-2021 Open House Dates
- The Chambersburg Area School District’s “Sapphire” Community Web Portal (CWP) allows parents to access their child’s grades, attendance, bus route information, discipline, teacher comments, report cards, transcripts, graduation progress and important files and documents. All documents are stored in an easy to access electronic “file cabinet.” Families do not need to apply for an account for next year kindergartners and/or add to an existing portal account until mid-August. View the Community Web Portal flyer here: Community Web Portal Flyer
- Important dates for the 2020-2021 school year, such as the start of school, scheduled closures, etc, can be found here: 2020-2021 School Calendar
Who needs clearances? Under Act 153 beginning July 1, 2015, an adult applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children must have clearances and must renew them. Under Act 15 of 2015, beginning August 25, 2015, volunteers must obtain renewed clearances every 5 years.
Volunteers within a school district include but not limited to school volunteers, parent volunteers, volunteer coaches, student teachers, pre-student teachers, PTO/PTA volunteers, etc.
Also, you can visit the CASD Human Resources page with more information volunteering here: https://www.casdonline.org/Page/1126
If you have any questions about the information provided here, please contact Stacy Oliver at email@example.com.