The Speech-Language Department at the Chambersburg Area School District offers therapy in the areas of articulation, language, voice and fluency. Speech Therapy is offered at each school, kindergarten through twelfth grade. Students can be seen either individually or in small groups. IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) are written on each student in the program and are based on an evaluation of the student's speech and language needs.
Identification for Speech and Language Services and Referrals:
Referrals for Speech and Language Assessments are done through teacher and/or parents. Screenings are the first step in determining eligibility for Speech/Language Support. If screening warrants further assessment, a ‘Permission to Evaluate’ (PTE) will be issued. Once additional evaluations are completed, the educational team (includes: Parents/Guardian, Speech Therapist, Teacher, Principal etc.) will meet to determine a need for Speech/Language Support Services.
If you wish to know more about speech-language therapy, please contact your child's teacher or the speech-language therapists at your child's school:
- Ms. Michele Natale - CASHS, CAMS North, CMS and CTC (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Victoria Valentino-Koontz - Guilford Hills, Grandview and Lurgan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs. Michele Shaner - Hamilton Heights and Andrew Buchanan (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Tyla Mellott - Scotland, Falling Spring and Marion (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Sarah Holmquist - Fayetteville and CASHS (email@example.com)
- Ms. Amy Slicker - CAMS South and Hamilton Heights (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Marsha Munson - Ben Chambers (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Tamy Cook - South Hamilton and Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org)