Tips on How to Help Your Child Succeed in School
The key to helping your child succeed in school is in establishing regular strategies and routines that will lay a foundation for success.
- Send your child to school every day!
- Read with your child EVERY day!
- Check and empty take home folders each day.
- Establish a morning and night routine, which includes "homework time".
- Use calendars to keep track of school requirements and family events.
- Have meaningful conversations with your child.
- Give books as gifts.
- Create a study space.
- Get your child a journal.
- Visit the library regularly.
- Play board games with your child.
- Teach math with money.
- Stay in touch with your child's teacher.