Can you answer this question?
Does the size of a seed determine the size of the plant?
Use the scientific method to help you find an answer.
The Scientific Method
- State the problem – What are you trying to figure out? Write this in the form of a question.
- Form a hypothesis– What do you think you are going to find out?
- Get your materials – Get the materials you will use in the experiment.
- Follow procedures – Make a detailed list of the steps in your experiment.
- Gather data – What did you observe when you performed the experiment?
- Draw a conclusion– From what you observed, how would you answer your original question?
- When you finish let me know what you did, and what your answer is!