Mandated Reporter - Reporting Child Abuse
Mandated reporter required to report:
- Comes into contact with children as part of work or through a regularly scheduled program activity or service - whether on the job or outside of the job – you are a mandated reporter 24/7
- Is directly responsible for the child or works for an agency that is directly responsible for the child
- Someone makes a specific disclosure to the mandated reporter and the child is identifiable
- A person 14 years or older makes a disclosure that he/she has committed child abuse
- Mandated reporter immediately reports directly to ChildLine either phone call or electronically
- Child Line Phone Number 1-800-932-0313 – Available 24/7
- Child Line Online Reporting Link - Available 24/7
- After reporting to ChildLine, reporter tells person in charge or designee
(Supervisor or Building Principal)
- Courtesy Call to Local Children & Youth office
- Mandated Reporter must send written report (CY-47) within 48 hours to County Children & Youth Office where abuse occurred.
- If initial report made electronically CY-47 not required.
If you experience problems reaching the ChildLine hotline and are not able to make an electronic ChildLine report, document your attempts to contact ChildLine and immediately contact the local Children & Youth office.
Franklin County Children & Youth
Human Services Building
425 Franklin Farm Lane
Chambersburg, PA 17202
Fax (717) 263-1254
After Hours – Emergency Only – (717) 263-1611