Information for Prospective Applicants
Considering a job in the Chambersburg Area School District?
Watch this video to learn about the many benefits of living and working in Chambersburg:
To view and apply for current open positions apply online via AppliTrack at:
Applicants for professional positions are recruited in several ways depending upon the nature of the position(s) to be filled. Methods most commonly used include:
- Applitrack (Online Application System)
- Recruitment websites (i.e. Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- College/University Job Fairs
- PA School Board Association (PSBA), K12JobSpot
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by a District Administrator. The initial interview will be conducted by a group of two to six building administrators. At the secondary level, department chairpersons and subject area leaders may also serve as members of the interview team.
Reference Checks and Employment Offers
At the completion of all interviews, references will be checked and results will be documented. The interview team will make an employment recommendation to the Superintendent. Successful candidates will be contacted and an employment offer will be made, pending school board approval. Candidates will schedule an appointment with the Human Resource Department to determine salary and discuss rights and benefits.
All recommendations are contingent upon receipt of all necessary pre-employment forms, including certification, state-mandated physical examinations, clearances, etc.
In compliation with school board policies & local, state, and federal laws the follow must be obtained and completed prior to starting employment and must not be older than 1 year:
- Online Application
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance Cost: $8.00 (Must be renewed every 5 years)
- Criminal History Background Check Clearance Cost: $22.00 (Must be renewed every 5 years)
- FBI Criminal Background Check Cost: $22.60 (Must be renewed every 5 years) When registering please be sure to register for the PA Department of Education (PDE) and use service code 1KG6XN. Fingerprinting can be done at the CASD Admin Building during normal business hours for current and potential CASD employees, contracted employees, and volunteers. We are NOT a public site. Please use location code: SP-Chambers when registering and click on "walk-in". You MUST also contact Emily Dice (HR Assistant) at email@example.com or 717-261-3314 to schedule an appointment during normal business office hours. Fingerprinting can also be done at the Franklin Learning Center - Mondays - Wednesdays from 9am-4pm by scheduling an appointment or "walk-in". Be sure to arrive by 3:45pm for fingerprinting at this location. When coming for fingerprinting you must bring along a valid/acceptable photo ID and your form of payment - no exceptions.
- Health Form and TB Test
- Drug Test Form (will be provided to new employee at new hire orientation)
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form This form must be completed for: 1.) all current employers and 2.) all former employers where you have had direct contact with children. Please fill out front page, sign on second page, and bring to new hire orientation. DO NOT send forms to employers.
- Mandatory Child Abuse Training - www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu Cost: FREE (Please submit completed certificate(s) to Human Resources.)
The Board of School Directors of Chambersburg Area School District has adopted a Drug-Free Work Place Plan in compliance with the Drug-Free Work Place Act.
All potential employees and volunteer coaches are required to take a drug test, at the District's cost. Upon offer of employment the District will provide to you the information needed to complete the drug test.
Drug testing procedures:
- Upon completion of required paperwork you will be provided a drug test form to take to Quest Laboratories.
- We will receive the results with 48 hours of completion of test.
- In the event that said urinalysis results in a positive determination of the conduct referred to above, such determination shall be grounds for the district's refusal to hire said applicant.
Chambersburg Area School Board pre-employment drug test and drug free policies:
Finger Printing & Background Check
All applicants for employment with public and private schools including student teachers and independent contractors and their employees, but excluding employees who do not have direct contact with students must undergo background checks. As of April 1, 2007, there are three required background checks:
· Federal Criminal History Report (CHRI) – FBI Report
· Dept of Public Welfare Child Abuse Report
· State Police Criminal History
Job classification and whether fingerprinting is required.
Child Abuse History Check
Required by Act 151 and by Act 114 of 2006, as amended, for all prospective employees of public schools, private schools and their contractors’ employees who will work in direct contact with children. Also required for “student teacher candidates”. This is one of three required background checks or clearances.
To be provided by the applicant and reviewed by the school (or higher education administrator) prior to the applicant working in a position in which he will have direct contact with children. Child Abuse reports shall be no more than one (1) year old at the time of employment.
See Act 114 of 2006 for further detailed information on PA background check requirements.
Following are procedures for obtaining the PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse HistoryClearance.
You may obtain forms from schools or the Department of Human Services website.
You may not submit this request on line. You must download the application, print it,
complete the form and submit the form with your payment, by U.S.mail. Enclose a $8.00 money order for each application. No cash or personal checks accepted. Agency or business checks are acceptable.
Clearance results will be mailed within 14 days from the date that the clearance is received. There will be no replacements after 90 days.
Indicate SCHOOL as the "Purpose of Clearance" $8.00 fee.
Criminal Background Checks
Required by Act 34 of 1985 and Act 114 of 2006, as amended, for all prospective employees of public schools, private schools and their contractors’ employees who will work in direct contact with children. Also required for “student teacher candidates”. This is one of three required background checks or clearances.
Criminal history reports shall be no more than one (1) year old at the time of employment.
See Act 114 of 2006 for further detailed information on PA background check requirements.
Following are procedures for obtaining the PA State Police backgroun clearance.
Fee: $22.00 payable to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION – PATCH
The Pennsylvania State Police established a web-based computer application called “Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History” or PATCH. Using this system, a requestor can apply for a criminal background check on an individual basis.
Individuals are considered non-registered users. Non-registered users log onto Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History and select “Submit a New Record Check” under credit card users.
SUBMISSION OF REQUEST ON PAPER VIA US MAIL
Applicants may also use Form SP4-164, Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check.
1) Applicant must secure Form SP4-164 from the schools, Pennsylvania State Police Barracks or from the Pennsylvania State Police web site.
2) Send the REQUEST FOR CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK with payment to the following address: Pennsylvania State Police Central Repository-164,1800 Elmerton Avenue , Harrisburg , PA 17110-9758
For status of the Criminal Record Check, call 1-888-QUERYPA (1-888-783-7972).
Join Our District Staff
Come work with us and be a part of building a better future for our students.
In building a better district, you must begin with a firm foundation - we believe that very foundation lies within the strength and diversity of our workforce.
Our teachers and staff embody a true reflection of Chambersburg: A mosaic of minds and cultures that thrive with the advancement of our community. In equipping educators with the means to engage our youth, we facilitate new directions and conceptions of learning.
The Human Resources Division is dedicated to the recruitment and retention of a quality workforce in support of student success. The District employs over 1,300 people, including teachers, support staff, administrators, and substitutes, who provide services to over 8,800 students.
As we work to hire and retain a qualified staff, the goal of the Human Resources Division is to provide excellent customer service and to build a team of professionals who are passionate about the success of students, and who are willing to dedicate the necessary time and resources to meet the needs of a large, diverse, rural school district.
Students in the Chambersburg Area School District are fortunate to live in a community that supports and values their overall success, which begins with employing the finest staff of administrators, teachers, and support staff.
Please use the web links to obtain employment information, including the application process.