IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDERS
We need your help! Since returning to in-person learning our car rider line is very long, sometimes causing congestion on Falling Spring Road. To help alleviate this issue, we are asking our families to do the following:
- In the morning, please arrive no later than 8:55 to drop your child off. Remember, classes begin promptly at 9:00 so we ask that you have your child in the building prior to this time. Any child arriving after 9:00 will be considered tardy.
- Don’t forget to form two lines when on the gravel area of the parent pick-up area, to the right of the parked cars.
- Take turns merging the turn into the single lane drop off line.
- Put your child on the passenger side of your car so they exit the car on the same side as the school. For safety purposes, we do not want children or staff to walk between cars.
- Please do not park and get out of your car to walk your child to the door.
- To help expedite their departure from your vehicle, have your child gather their belongings and unbuckle a few car lengths before you get to Mrs. Deitzel and the teachers on duty.
- In the afternoon, please have your yellow hang tag visible. If you need an extra one, contact the school office.
We thank you in advance for your help as we continue to improve the drop-off and pick-up system.
- This year we will once again use this process for dismissing students who are being picked-up.
- All students who are regularly picked up will be assigned a number. (NOTE: more than one student in the family will all have the same number)
- Parents picking up their children will display their child’s number in their car window so staff members on duty are able to easily see it.
- Staff will call out the displayed numbers for students to exit the building and be picked-up.
- Any student who is not regularly picked-up will continue with bringing a note to school and the teacher on duty will be notified.
Upon receipt of this form, a number will be assigned to your student and a yellow hang tag of the number will be provided to you. We will try our best to issue the same parent number to students and their families yearly. Please contact the school office with any questions. 261-3439